The biggest way I stay motivated is to run with a group of friends. Sometimes it’s hard to get going by yourself, but if you have a plan and a meeting time, you know this run will happen for sure. It’s a way to have fun – while also getting in a workout. Plus it distracts from pain, helps you fight fatigue, and gives you that extra push. – Allyson Felix
We all need to find a way to stay motivated. The quote above is from Allyson Felix, A 200 meters Olympic Gold medalist who was born in 1985. I have discovered that there are a few things that winners do to stay motivated and if you will try them you may stay motivated as well.
- Have a clear vision of where you are going! Feel it, imagine in, experience it, find physical pictures of it or draw them if they don’t exist and look at this picture daily to keep you motivated. I personally enjoy thinking and dreaming about the future whenever I have some time on my hands. I take the time to review my vision when praying daily.
- Have a clear set of small goals that lead to your vision. Every time you achieve one of the goals, it can be really motivating to cross out the completed goal.
- Talk to people who have achieved similar goals
- Find friends or colleagues who are pursuing similar goals
- View and think about the loss of not making an attempt at your vision or dream
- Find a mentor or a coach who is willing to challenge you
- Look for fun and exciting ways to stay focused and motivated
- Let each failure motivate you to learn and try again
- Determine that you will not give up without giving your very best shot and some more!
- If you give up for a while…you can get back and try again.
Read more about Allyson Felix on her official website.
You can view a replay of my recent Wisdom Webinar on Staying Focused and Motivated
Add to the List
What do you do to stay focused or motivated? Let us know by using the comment box below! Thanks.