Every years we start the year with prayer and fasting! It’s usually a time of reflection and planning! The fasting makes one physically less active and the hunger reminds you that you are preparing “powerfully” to have a better year than the last!
One exercise that I find very useful during this time of prayers is declarations that are in line with scriptures!
When I declare something like “I am a child of God – no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper” I feel a surge of faith rise up in my heart! I get this feeling in my heart that what I am saying is happening! I believe a lot of our prayers at this time should be such declarations as well as prayers of dedication and surrender to God’s will!
Here are a few declarations
- This year, the word of God will prosper in my life!
- The Lord is my healer! I will operate with divine health this year in Jesus name.
- I receive divine world changing ideas in Jesus name!
- My family and I will be a blessing to our city and nation this year in Jesus Name!
- The works of the enemy against my life will continue to fail in Jesus Name!
- Joy will always be in my life because I am filled with the Holy Spirit! Let my joy overflow in Jesus name.
You get the idea! Have fun making your own declarations and building your faith!