“and it was the duty of the trumpeters and singers to make themselves heard in unison in praise and thanksgiving to the Lord ), and when the song was raised, with trumpets and cymbals and other musical instruments, in praise to the Lord, “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever,” the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.”
2 Chronicles 5:13-14 ESV
Whenever I read this portion of scripture, my question is always this; What can one do to provoke such a response from God? What did the people of God? Here are a few thoughts on what we can do today to “move” God to show Himself glorious in our midst!
- Honour the ark of God’s covenant – I believe that represents honoring and placing a great value on the finished work of the cross! The blood of Jesus and our consequent relationship with God!
- Uncountable sacrifice – Be ready to give all that is in our care for the progress of the Kingdom of God on earth
- Consecrate yourself – present yourself as a living sacrifice! Agree that you belong to God and declare it! Stay away from everything that is not acceptable to God! Flee every appearance of sin!
- Sing praise to God! Honor God by declaring how good and glorious He is
- Strive for unity in the body of Christ.
I believe very much that as we do these things, we will experience more of God’s presence and God will show His power, wisdom and much more to everyone around us!
Let’s all desire these manifestations of God’s glory more and more this year! It will be so for you in Jesus Name.