When I first read an exposition on Mark 11:23-25, I was in secondary school and it was in a book by Kenneth E Hagin! Over the years I have read that passage over and over again and I am still amazed at how powerful the message in those verses are.
“For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” – Mark 11:23-24 NKJV
What are you saying?
Recently the Holy Spirit and I had these discussion!
- Holy Spirit: What are you saying about your health?
- Me: I am saying what you told me!
- Holy Spirit: Great. When you recover, will people be surprised?
- Me: Not really I suppose, because I’ve told everybody that you have promised me 100% recovery!
- Holy Spirit: Good! Is there anyone close to you who does not know that you expect to recover fully?
- Me: No, Lord! Even the inanimate objects in our home know it?
- Holy Spirit: Why do you think that is?
- Me: Hmm, I think it’s because I believe you! Are you saying that the reason I’m not speaking some of your promises is because I don’t believe? Oh… please forgive my unbelief! I believe you Lord!
Check what you are saying
We automatically say what we believe! If those closest to you have never heard you say something! Then check if you have God’s word! And if you have a word from God and your friends don’t know it, maybe you really don’t believe the word from God!
For example. If I am trusting God for a my full recovery and you don’t ever here me say “I am going to be restored” or something similar, then maybe I am not sure that I will recover.
I am placing an emphasis on what people here you say because God used it to show me that when I am quiet, my belief in Him needs help. Are you trusting God for a wife? What has God said to you about that? Are you trusting God for the repair of your marriage? What is the word from God on that? Check your words today! See if you are having trouble with believing God’s word and make the necessary adjustment.
Work on having a word from God that you believe!
This is why I quoted the scripture above. Don’t focus on what you will say! Start by working on believing a word from God. Once you are sure that God has put what He promised you in place, you will find your mouth ready to speak. Try to read and meditate on scripture until you are absolutely convinced that God is committed to His word to you! Then you should find yourself wanting to share your experience with close friends. That is the proof that you believe God’s word to you. At that point you can encourage yourself to speak more of God’s word and resist other words that oppose God.
It’s your turn to take action. Start receiving God’s best for you today! Remember you don’t start by speaking. You start by getting a word form God, then you believe and as an outflow of your belief, you speak and keep on speaking because God does not fail. You will receive.